Our College has implemented College Automation through a mini ERP by name EDUCATION 2001 developed jointly by M/s. Aarvee Information Systems Ltd., and K.L.N. Infotech, Madurai. This package incorporates all the modules required to automate data flow for any type of educational institute.
* Front End - MS Visual Basic
* Back End - MS SQL Server
* OS Support- MS Windows 95/98, NT, ME, 2000
* Multi user support - Yes
* Database Size - Unlimited
This package is designed to improve educational institutions efficiency with less paper work. It also helps to retrieve necessary information instantaneously for decision-making. It contain modules such as Student, Staff, Finance, Library, Training and Placement, General Purchase, Academic, Transport, Maintenance, Canteen, Hostel and Mess, etc.
This package is installed in a high-end server with 4 GB RAM and high-end nodes. Nodes are assigned to people at managerial, teaching and non-teaching levels so as to enter data, access and retrieve necessary information. This package is in use since 2001.
Some benefits realized by College Automation
1. The data entry is done at the place of occurrence of Transaction. This has reduced paperwork to a large extent.
2. The database is updated online. This helps to get the updated information any point of time.
3. Students can check the availability of books in the library and make reservation if necessary.
4. Students can get necessary certificates like Bonafide, Transfer, etc., within a short time.
5. Students can get details of scholarships, attendance, fee payment, arrear papers, exam fee details, etc, as and when required.
6. Automation of Internal mark computation and communication of test marks and Attendance helps the parents to get the information about the progress of their wards in time. This in turn helps parents as well as class tutors to advise their wards suitably to improve their performance. In addition, this has relieved the teaching staff from a lot of paper work and paved the way for more time to perform their academic work effectively.
7. Pay calculation, Pay preparation, Bank intimation, Pay slip and pay details can be completed within a period of two hours as the Staff attendance is automated.
8. Through this package, various financial and other reports can be quickly generated so that the management can take appropriate decisions based on facts and figures, which are reliable and up-to-date.
In essence the automation has been implemented through the installation of EDUCATION 2001 to bring the following
* Ease of use
* To minimise paper work
* To get updated information immediately
* To avoid delay in process
* To bring out the maximum efficiency in running the college